Fritz Duquesne was an adventurer who wrote some stories for Adventure magazine.
- Sekokoeni’s Raid (ar) Dec 1910
- The Man-Eaters of M’wembi (ar) Jan 1911
- When the Rain Was Red (ss) Sep 1911
- The Fighting Dwarfs of the Congo (ar) Jun 1912
- A Fire-Hunt at Kivu (ar) Dec 1913
|Adventurer and Avenger – article about Fritz Duquesne by Arthur S. Hoffman in Adventure magazine, April 1938|
He’s the subject of the only article written by Arthur S. Hoffman for Adventure magazine in April 1938. It’s an interesting profile; Hoffman was a patriot, and Duquesne was so against the British that he actively supported Germany in both World Wars. In spite of being on opposite sides, it seems to me that Hoffman respected Duquesne, even as he didn’t agree with him.
The facts may be questioned, the impression from the article is of a man forged hard by tragedy to become an avenger with a tragic life. You can read it here.