I was looking at some Spider pulps on EBay and ran into three titles with Satan in them. I decided to take a quick look at the most common words in the titles, then went on to do the same with Doc Savage and The Spider. Thought you might like to know the results.
- Doc Savage never advertised himself in the title, the Spider and Shadow often felt the need. Maybe that was because Doc travelled around the world, whereas the Spider and the Shadow always had to get supervillains to come fight them. How else were the supervillains to know who to fight?
- The Spider often struggled against Satan, Hell, slaves and Death in some City.
- The Shadow fought against Crime, Murder and Death. Impressive.
- Doc Savage on the other hand, fought Death, Terror and the Devil, with a few ghosts and goblins thrown in for good measure.
- Put them together and you have the ultimate A-Team. One that can fight Crime, Death, Terror, Satan and the Devil himself in cities and islands, even down to Hell. That adventure would be called The A-Team versus The Black Death from Hell.
Put together your favorite titles that you’d like to read for each hero from the tag clouds above and leave a note in the comments. Longest title wins 😊
"The Damned Hell-Slaves of Satan's Black City Murder the Spider"
"The Shadow Trails the Golden Death Master to the Ghost of a Chinese Man"
"The Evil Mystery of the Mystic Master of Goblin Island"
Very intriguing. Well done.